Ckrads Poker life.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Oh The Excitement

So, my World Series of Poker team hasnt performed much yet. Im pretty far back in the standing. But i want that 50k for first place! Victor Ramdin keeps getting big staks then blowing it and not final tabling, Depressing. James van Alstyne has been missing, so im assuming he hasnt played anything yet. That or he sucks.

The 50k HORSE event is today. Thats limit hold em, Omaha 8 or better, Razz, Stud, Stud 8 or better. Most my team is playing, even Van Alstyne. I dont think Gavin Smith is playing, and John Phan is at the 1k No limit hold em final table! Good luck John PHan, please win. Hes 2nd in chips to start. I need guys like Jefrey Lissandro and Miny Ly to do well today. I picked thme up cheap for events like this.

Heres my squad:
Chris Ferguson
Daniel Negreanu
Barry Greenstein
John Phan
Gavin Smith
Darrell Dicken
Victor Ramdin
James Van Alstyne
Minh Ly
Jeffrey Lisandro

Poker has been going pretty well. Havent palyed a ton, but definitely logging some hands. PLayed 8300 hands since i started 6 handed tables. Despite my downward slide yesterday and the night before that, i have a nice win rate according to PokerTracker. Hopefully i can keep it up.

My brother is going to try to learn to play. He room it literally 5 feet for mine, so hopefully i can teahc ihm quickly. I gave him $5 to play the penny tables. I just want him to log hands and get a feel, and im going to havehim read Harrington on Hold em volume 1. He will learn the basicsin that, and how to play tight/solid. I think its good for a player to start our learning a tight style. Once they have that down, they can leanr nuances of difernet styles and the plusses and negatives of each. And also, ever player has to play tight at times, so he needs that ability anyways. So once he reads the book, ill probably go to more in depth things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home