Ckrads Poker life.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

A Tournament..WIN?!

Been playing some tournies lately, getting deep in a lot then taking bad beats or getting short stacked and being forced to play AQ etc and busting. Today I got huge first hour of 55$ rebuy, then busted 30 minutes into the second hour when everything went wrong that could go wrong. As usual, I did well in the $55 Pot limit hold em tourney. Made final table just as the blinds made the big jump from 600/1200 to 1k/2k. Pokerstars really needs a 800/1600 level. Anyways with 8 left, guy in mid pos make it 7k(the max raise) and im in the Small blind with AJ,2k of my 18k in the big blind. I decide to go with it, dumbly I guess, and he calls with AQ and busts me. So close to the big money(first was 2600) but I missed and pulled in 220 for the effort.
In the $22 NL on stars I make it to bubble shortstacked, then go crazy and steal many blinds to get a stack. Then I lose AK vs AJ, 99 vs KQ, and A4 vs 9T. I get my last chips in with KT vs QQ and bust. Kinda a bummer that none of my hands could win a showdown. So I took 32nd of 566, oh well. First would have been worth a solid 3k.
As I type this I’m at a $33 No limit hold em tourney final table on party poker. First is about $3300, and I came in about 5/10 in chips. I won a few hands early and am now 4th. Just ran AQ into AK but I am still alive with 9 left.
Down to 6 with one short stack, I push with KK and big stack calls me with AQ, my KK HOLDS. Wow a miracle haha. IM second with a couple guys real close, but the leader is huge, over twice my size.
Down to 4, took out the short stack Kt vs K9, im 2nd of 3. 240k to my 140k to 65k. Short stack sucked out on big stack to double. Three way was real tough, but after many hands I limped in my SB with QQ, and the short stack pushed in with 44 and I busted him. Heads up took like 25 minutes but I slowly grinded him down with positional raises and flop bets. At one point he blinded down to 2 BBs, then won 2 all ins to get a few chips, then I busted him a minute or two later. Win good for $3277. Good times, feels good to finally pull one down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home