Ckrads Poker life.

Friday, August 26, 2005

Yehahhhhhhhh

So my night was going kinda crappy. I had my usual good stak in the 11 rebuy andtook 2-3 sick beats to bust. But i was up to 10k chips at first break in the Stars 109 NLHE. I didnt get much in the second hour and was down to about 8800 chips at second break. I chose my spots well from there on and managed to be around bubble.

I ended up placing 2nd for about $5200. First was 8200....Heads up he had me in chips like 4:1 but i offered a chop where i got 1k more. He offered 700 only so i decided to play it out. Blinds jumped big and he he limped on button for 8k, i pushed my last 50k more with A2. I thought hed fold since i was playing somewhat tight, but he called with K8 and hit the K, i cant complain.

I got lucky twice, but i also made many correct crucial decisions. One example was being 5 handed, having utg raise to 12k, and folding my 55 on the button when i had 19k. Most people go "WOOO a pair and take the flip." Not me, i know hes not folding to my minimal raise, and so i folded there. Then i pushed in the cutoff next hand with 96o. I prefer getting fold value with a random 2 over a guaranteed showdown.

I did get lucky twice. At the bubble i won 88 vs KK when i nailed an 8 on the flop. Then 6 handed at the final table, i was in A8 vs AJ and and ended up nailing an 8 on flop and river. Kinda funny i got lucky, ive been on the opposite end of those beats for such a long stretch. I made good laydown after good laydown avoiding all my marginal hands vs raises or in early position. I feel great about my play.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home