Ckrads Poker life.

Sunday, April 10, 2005

TOURNY NIGHT

Did a bunch of tournies today. I'll just talk about the big buy in ones. I lost Party Poker’s Saturday $215 NL tourney KK vs QQ on 2nd hand all in pre flop when a Q fell on river. Anyways, then tonight I entered a set of tourneys on Pokerstars. I entered the 11+Rebuys, the $109 NL, and the $109+rebuys NL. I was kicking butt in all of them, although the 109 rebuy I was only in upper third of field, not like top 5. Anyways, down to 26th, im average stack with 11k in the 109 rebuy, I limp for 400 with AA UTG. @nd pos raises to 240 and it folds to me, I make it 5200 to go, and he pushes in. I call with my AA, he shows AdKd. Winner of this pot had 24k and is in 3rd place in chips. For perspective, first place was $6200 and 2nd was $4100, top 9 paid. I had spent $309 on it. Anyways he ends up making a T to A straight when that dreaded Q falls on river again. I bust out 26th quite angry. Im doing well still in others though, despite losing 95k pot in 11 rebuy KK vs 77, leaving me with 130k for the chip lead still. I was pissed and bitching at the 109 table, so gank tried to help me out and said gank [observer]: let it go ck. Ahh thx gank(WSOP Omaha hi/lo champion). As I type this im 3/12 after firing three huge bullets at a guy in the 109 that he folded on river too. Im 15/83 in the 11 rebuy. Type more later.
Update: SS went all in with AJ I called fomr SB with QQ, im 1st/10. Im also 2/60 in 11 rebuy. Ill update again after tournies.

109 UPDATE: Well after a long final table is got down to 3, and we three way even chopped it. I feel horrible for Pinkston23 though, he lost with AA twice to flushes when others had AXs, one of them was to me ;( Got heads up a bit after deal, I got chip lead but couldn’t focus with rebuy going on, so I kept going all in and lost eventually. I made $4735.54 fro mthe even chop.


11 Rebuy Update: I lost two coinflips in the rebuy started getting low. I split some chips AK vs AK vs AT. Then I was low and won A9s vs AA with a flush. SO LUCKY. SEE I ADMIT I SUCKED OUT. Then lost AJ vs AK to a pretty decent sized stack. Blinds are huge right now. Update more later.

Update: just went all in with 66 called by AK to my left. I won on Q high board. 4/16. Next update will be after.

Update: Made the final table as like 8/9. Played tight and well choosing good spots to grab chips. People slowly grinded down. Eventually it was dow nto 4, and leader had 4.5ish mil to my 1 mil and oth guys 1 mil. Other short stack kept pushing in on big stacks BB from the SB, but never got caught. Then comes this hand: He raises 3x blnid to 240k, i push all in for 1 mil with AJ he calls with A5s(bad call). My hand holds and he loses his 60k leftoevers next hand to chip leader. We play heads up for awhile i make up a little ground but cant get much going. I then limp with A3, he raises like hes been doing, and i stupidly pussh in for 1.7million or so. He calls with 99 and wins it. 6k for me though. My A3 play was horrible as the blinds still werent big enough to force me to gamble. But i thought i needed to stop his raises eventually, just chose the wrong time and ran into a pair.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home