Ckrads Poker life.

Saturday, March 05, 2005

$20 buy in charity tourny

In other news, i did that live charity poker tournament at UCLA. The structure wasnt bad, rebuys in first hour but only if u had 0 chips. I doubled up on hand one with AA after i min raised and a KQ guy caught his K and called my flop raise and turn all in raise. After that a won a few pots here and there.

I had an all in hand where my QQ held up vs A2, then it was down to 17, 16 spots paid prizes(not money, different gift cert. and trips etc. First was a tri pto vegas, 2nd was an iPod. Anyways, i had AT with it 5 handed. I min raise is to 800 with ATo and the SB pushes in for 900 more and the BB calls his last 150 extra. So i call the 900, SB has 66 and BB had KT. the 66 holds up and im not huge anymore.
Down to 10, i have 2900 after my SB of 200 is posted, big stack button calls, i go all in expecting to pick up the blinds with AK. BB folds and big stack xalls saying it worth it to take some out. He has QTo and flop comes low,low,low,low, QUEEN. BAM im out no uPod for me. If i won i woulda been like top 5 in chips.

I was still in the food prizes, not quite the trips or iPod type stuff yet. So i got two "entree and drink" gift certificates to California Pizza Kitchen.

A cool thing is when we got down to 16(two 8 person tables, tables had be 8,7,6, or 5 throughtout tourny) the cahnged chisp from chitty ones to chips the Bike donated. They were actually the Legends of Poker chips, pretty nice. I also won one of the smaller raffles for a Paradize poker mouse pad, pen, and shirt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home